Satish Pandya, B.Sc. PT, MCPA, CG IMS, CMAc.
Eastgate Physiotherapy and Rehab Centre
Satish achieved his degree in Physiotherapy in 1976. Later, in the same year he completed postgraduate certificate course in medical rehabilitation. He has 40 years of experience as a Physiotherapist and continually strives to upgrade his knowledge and skills. He has been a member of Canadian physiotherapy association since 1982. He has been practicing in Sherwood Park, Alberta for the past 30 years. He has been Practicing medical acupuncture for the past 18 years and IMS (Intra muscular stimulation) for the past 13 years.
Satish believes in a thorough examination which can pinpoint to the root cause of the problem and help for the effective treatment.
- In 1986 trained under professor Mariono Rocabado for diagnosis and treatment of TMJ (temporo mandibular joint) and cranial dysfunction.
- Completed advanced manual therapy courses in 1983 to 1985.
- Has been on a manual therapy roster of college of physical therapists of Alberta.
- Cyriax and McKenzie courses in manual therapy.
- Certificate in medical acupuncture from University of Alberta under Dr. Steven Aung.
- Completed residency in Industrial rehabilitation and functional capacity testing in 1995 in Chicago, Illinois.
- Certificate in Gunn IMS was privileged to do residency directly under Dr. Gunn.
- Vestibular rehabilitation.
- Member of Canadian Physiotherapy association since 1982.
- Member, Orthopedic division, CPA.
- Member, Acupuncture division, CPA.
- Member, Sports division, CPA.
- Member, College of physiotherapists of Alberta.
- Member, Institute of study and treatment of pain (iSTOP)
- Member, Vestibular Disorders Association (VEDA)
Continuing Education Courses:
- 1983-1985 advanced manual therapy courses
- 1986 TMJ temporo mandibular joint assessment
- 1995 Industrial rehabilitation – Diagnosis and treatment Chicago Illinois.
- McKenzie courses.
- Cyriax manual therapy courses
- Certificate in Medical Acupuncture, University of Alberta 1998.
- 2003 Certificate program in Gunn IMS
- 2014 vestibular rehabilitation
- 2014 Canadian Physiotherapy Association annual congress
This is very small list of my extensive continuing courses I have taken in my career.
Eastgate Physiotherapy- Sherwood Park
Physiotherapist Satish (Steve) Pandya: Over 35 years of experience